HSP World News Feed HSP World News Feed
- How Do You Explain Your HSP to an Extrovert Family Member?on June 19, 2021 at 4:58 pm
I've recently discovered the HSP trait - and it fits me to a "T". How do I explain this to my extroverted wife? She does not seem to be able to …
- 7 Things I Wish I Could Tell My Younger HSP Selfon June 18, 2021 at 1:00 pm
What you see as a weakness — your sensitivity — is actually your greatest strength, and it will help you succeed both professionally and personally. "Stop crying." "Toughen up." "Don't be so emotional." "Don't take things so personally." "You're too sensitive." […]
- The Beautiful Truths About Being a Highly Sensitive Humanon June 18, 2021 at 10:21 am
Being intense and sensitive—seeing the world through different eyes and feeling the world on a distinctive wavelength—does not lay an easy path. You are most likely a deep thinker, an intuitive feeler, and an extraordinary observer.
- 8 Contradictions of a Creative Introverton June 17, 2021 at 1:00 pm
As a creative introvert, my art is a part of me, yet I don't want to be seen. The post 8 Contradictions of a Creative Introvert appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- Sarah Mapps Douglass’s Flowers: the First Surviving Art Signed by an African-American Womanon June 16, 2021 at 6:15 pm
A rose is a rose is a revolution. In his thrice-revised and expanded autobiographies, Frederick Douglass, born Frederick Bailey, recounts changing his surname multiple times to cover his fugitive trail. When the time came to settle on a permanent name, he invited the man in whose home was taking refuge — a free […]
- 13 Reasons Why Failure Is a Good Thingon June 16, 2021 at 3:33 pm
Failure hurts. But if we are to have any chance of achieving our goals or deeply-held desires, we must be open to it. Here are 13 reasons why failure doesn't have to be a bad thing. It allows us to learn. It is better to try and fail (and learn) then never give it a [...] The post 13 Reasons Why Failure Is A Good […]
- How to Cope with High-Functioning Anxiety When You’re an HSPon June 16, 2021 at 1:00 pm
When you have high-functioning anxiety, it may seem like you're an overachiever — but beneath the surface, you're a ball of stress. Anxiety disorders affect 40 million adults in the U.S every year. And while high-functioning anxiety is not a clinical disorder, its effects are still deeply distressing. […]
- 5 Things You Can Do as an Introvert When You’re Feeling Lonelyon June 16, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Just because introverts recharge their energy in solitude doesn't mean they don't ever get lonely. The post 5 Things You Can Do as an Introvert When You're Feeling Lonely appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- How to Speak Up to People Who Intimidate You as an Introverton June 15, 2021 at 1:00 pm
If you feel intimidated by someone, your fear gives them power over you — but you can humanize your "monster." The post How to Speak Up to People Who Intimidate You as an Introvert appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- I Act Like a Space Cadet Sometimes. Here’s Why.on June 15, 2021 at 6:25 am
My nearest and dearest would be the first to tell you I act like a space cadet sometimes. I can't blame it all on my HSP trait, but certain aspects of high sensitivity definitely contribute. I've pulled off an impressive range of space-outs in my day. Some were mundane (though potentially messy), like putting the ice […]
- How to Embrace Your ‘Play Ethic’ as a Highly Sensitive Personon June 14, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Particularly for HSPs, a play ethic helps reduce overstimulation and increase a sense of calm. When was the last time you skipped down the street, sang in the shower, or danced in your kitchen while cooking dinner? When was the last time you truly had fun? Not what you "think" is fun on more of a […]
- How to Find and Maintain Friendships as an Introverted Adulton June 14, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Finding and maintaining friendships is challenging. But it helps that, for introverts, friendships are about quality over quantity. The post How to Find and Maintain Friendships as an Introverted Adult appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- The HSP World Podcast Ep. 26: the 9 Types of Boundaries for Highly Sensitiveson June 14, 2021 at 6:00 am
This podcast is brought to you by The HSP World Mastery Program dedicated to inspiring and empowering HSPs. Thomas: Hi and welcome to The HSP World podcast. With each episode we invite a guest with the HSP Trait to have a conversation about a burning HSP-related question they have. We're not coaches or […]
- Probable Impossibilities: Physicist Alan Lightman on Beginnings, Endings, and What Makes Life Worth Livingon June 14, 2021 at 2:30 am
How our cosmic improbability confers dignity and meaning upon our shared existence. "What exists, exists so that it can be lost and become precious," Lisel Mueller, who lived to nearly 100, wrote in her gorgeous poem "Immortality" a century and a half after a young artist pointed the world's largest telescope at the […]
- Are You Highly Sensitive & Think You Are the Only One Who Does These Things?on June 11, 2021 at 7:01 pm
So many of us sensitives experience similar things. And yet, often, we don't realize that we are not the only ones who feel like this. We are not the only ones who have elaborate rules to keep ourselves from getting overwhelmed. We are not the only ones who hate things like bright white lights or open-floor offices. […]
- Feeling Overwhelmed? How to Bring Back Your Calm and Avoid a Spiralon June 11, 2021 at 1:00 pm
There's nothing wrong with this biological response, but there may be circumstances in which you want to save the tears for later. All highly sensitive people (HSPs) can feel it coming: A spiral. Some of us get crocodile tears during certain moments, but at times some of us (myself included) experience […]
- How to Maximize Your Natural Creativity as an Introverton June 11, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Introverts have the power to imagine and the power to take what we see and make it real — but first we must harness our creativity. The post How to Maximize Your Natural Creativity as an Introvert appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- Alexithymia and Sensory Processing Sensitivity: Areas of Overlap and Links to Sensory Processing ...on June 11, 2021 at 12:53 am
Alexithymia is a dimensional trait characterized by difficulties identifying and describing feelings and an externally oriented thinking (EOT) style. Here ...
- Elucidation of the Relationship Between Sensory Processing and White Matter Using Diffusion Tensor ...on June 10, 2021 at 4:44 am
Moreover, the increased sensory avoiding and sensitivity scores represent the sensitization of sensory processing, and the level of diffusivity ...
- Why Highly Sensitive People Are Well-Suited to Working with Kidson June 9, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Highly sensitive people are extraordinarily skilled at "seeing" others and knowing what they need — which includes kids. Highly sensitive people (HSPs) are both heartbreakingly delicate and extremely strong. Making up around 20 percent of the population, HSPs feel deeper, have exceptionally powerful […]
- Inside the Mind of an ‘Extroverted’ Introverton June 9, 2021 at 1:00 pm
If you think Netflix has too many shows to keep up with, you should take a peek inside an "extroverted" introvert's mind. The post Inside the Mind of an 'Extroverted' Introvert appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- Real Men Feel: Your Sensitivity Is a Gift [Podcast]on June 9, 2021 at 11:26 am
Thomas was deemed a Highly Sensitive Person and has been exploring this aspect of his personality ever since. Once in a dark and desperate place, ...
- 9 Signs You’re Overthinking Somethingon June 8, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Introverts carefully weigh their options and think deeply about decisions, which means they get stuck in overthinking sometimes. The post 9 Signs You're Overthinking Something appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- How I "Rediscovered" My High Sensitivity Trait | Highly Sensitive Refugeon June 8, 2021 at 9:21 am
... wrong with me. But then I learned to reclaim my high sensitivity as a positive trait. ... A highly sensitive person rediscovers their high sensitivity trait.
- The Ocean and the Meaning of Lifeon June 8, 2021 at 1:34 am
"Contemplating the teeming life of the shore, we have an uneasy sense of the communication of some universal truth that lies just beyond our grasp... the ultimate mystery of Life itself." This essay is adapted from Figuring. In June of 1952, the United States Fish & Wildlife Service received a letter of […]