HSP World News Feed HSP World News Feed
- How to Move Forward in Spite of Blockson September 1, 2021 at 10:00 am
Photo by Jace & Afsoon on Unsplash It's strange isn't it? The hard time we have moving forward? One step forward, another back, yet another sideways? Sometimes it can seem like we are just going around in circles. Blockages Most blockages come from unresolved problems. So how do we become blocked and what can […]
- Savannah Hanson: the Gift of Sensitivity | Theunion.comon August 31, 2021 at 7:40 pm
Savannah experiences being a highly sensitive person. Much of this life has been spent on learning to manage that sensitivity. Part of the strategies were ...
- How to Feel More Alive Each Day and Night: a Cosmic Nightwalk with Derek Jarmanon August 31, 2021 at 4:46 pm
"Here man has invented the heavens but the moon, not to be usurped, shines sickle bright, gathering our souls." There is an elemental cosmic loneliness in the pit of every human soul. We spend our lives trying to make it bearable and call our efforts love, or art. (Which might, in the end be one and the same.) Every […]
- Need Some Downtime? Here’s the Perfect Idea for Each Introverted Myers-Briggs Typeon August 31, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Your Myers-Briggs personality type can help you figure out what to do in your downtime. The post Need Some Downtime? Here's the Perfect Idea for Each Introverted Myers-Briggs Type appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- How I Healed My Body and My Life by Embracing My Sensitivity - Tiny Buddhaon August 31, 2021 at 5:46 am
The scientific term is sensory processing sensitivity (SPS). As it turns out, 15-20 percent of the population has this trait. As a highly sensitive person, ...
- 7 Signs You’re Overthinking Something as an HSPon August 30, 2021 at 1:00 pm
If a situation you can't control has long-term residency in your head, you're probably overthinking it. Highly sensitive people (HSPs) often struggle with the feeling of not being able to "turn off" their minds. Since HSPs have rich inner lives, they spend a lot of time thinking about, well, everything, […]
- How to Cope When You’re an Introverted Parent of a Highly Active Childon August 30, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Highly active kids want constant attention and don't enjoy alone time. But there are ways to cope that can work for you both. The post How to Cope When You're an Introverted Parent of a Highly Active Child appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- Bob Dylan on Emotion, Vulnerability as the Price of Integrity, and Music as an Instrument of Truthon August 27, 2021 at 3:05 pm
"You must be vulnerable to be sensitive to reality. And to me being vulnerable is just another way of saying that one has nothing more to lose." Self-knowledge might be the most difficult of life's rewards — the hardest to earn and the hardest to bear. To know yourself is to know that you are not an unassailable […]
- Avoid Doing These 9 Things to a Highly Sensitive Personon August 27, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Taking them to a hectic hotspot or surprising them are two things you should avoid doing to a highly sensitive person. If you've come to the realization that you're a highly sensitive person (HSP), this may have made you heave a sigh of relief. Finally, you understand why you've felt unique or […]
- I"m Highly Sensitive — but It"s Not What You Think It Is - the Good Men Projecton August 26, 2021 at 4:30 pm
About 1 in 5 people in the world have the genetic trait that is called sensory processing sensitivity (highly sensitive person). We are a very small ...
- 6 Introverted Musical Artists That May Surprise Youon August 26, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Since musical artists are very much in the public eye, you may not think they could be introverted. The post 6 Introverted Musical Artists That May Surprise You appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- The HSP World Podcast Ep. 31: Is the HSP Label a Springboard or a Cage?on August 25, 2021 at 4:44 pm
This podcast is brought to you by The HSP World Mastery Program dedicated to inspiring and empowering HSPs. Thomas: Hi and welcome to The HSP World podcast. With each episode, we invite a guest with the HSP Trait to have a conversation about a burning HSP-related question they have. We're not coaches or […]
- 8 Things to Know About HSPs with Social Anxietyon August 25, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Having social anxiety is not the same as being an HSP — while social anxiety is a mental disorder requiring treatment, high sensitivity is a personality trait and not a disorder. Social anxiety affects about 15 million (or seven percent) of American adults, according to the Anxiety & Depression […]
- 8 Ways to Reclaim Your Alone Time as an Introverted Parenton August 25, 2021 at 1:00 pm
My baby arrived, and suddenly I had zero introvert alone time -- until I learned to get creative. The post 8 Ways to Reclaim Your Alone Time as an Introverted Parent appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- The Difference Between Thinking Deeply and Overthinkingon August 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Thinking deeply helps you move the needle forward in your decision-making. Overthinking, however, is about being stuck. The post The Difference Between Thinking Deeply and Overthinking appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- I Don"t Need a Good Reason to Cry - the Good Men Projecton August 24, 2021 at 12:00 pm
I'm a highly sensitive child and I just need the space to feel. August 24, 2021 by Katie Grant Leave a Comment ...
- Are You Absorbing Other People"s Emotions? - Psych Centralon August 23, 2021 at 1:18 pm
Even if you're not an HSP, other people's moods and energy may affect you. You may have developed similar traits like sensitivity or empathy through ...
- 14 Activities That Are Perfect for Highly Sensitive Peopleon August 23, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Since highly sensitive types are easily overwhelmed by external stimuli, certain activities are more their speed than others, like checking out a museum or taking a walk in the park. If you tend to enjoy quiet, solitary activities over social ones, you might be a highly sensitive person (HSP). We highly […]
- 14 Introvert-Friendly Activities to Do Alone or with a Small Groupon August 23, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The key to an introvert-friendly activity is something quiet that won't be overstimulating. The post 14 Introvert-Friendly Activities to Do Alone or With a Small Group appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- Music and the Mystery of Alivenesson August 22, 2021 at 1:59 am
"We are a music-making species — always have been, always will be — and music's capacity to explore, express and address what it is to be human remains one of our greatest communal gifts." "Sound is sea: pattern lapping pattern... Matter delights in music, and became Bach," the poet Ronald Johnson wrote as he […]
- Why Sensitive Kids Will Make the World a Better Place - Motherlyon August 20, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Elaine Aron's and author of The Highly Sensitive Child says highly sensitive children are, "Quick to grasp subtle changes, prefer to reflect deeply before ...
- 3 Things I Keep in My ‘HSP Mental Health Toolbox’on August 20, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Since highly sensitive people get overstimulated easily, it's important to have a "mental health toolbox" at the ready, your go-to "tools" for when the going gets tough. I don't know about you, but I hit my emotional saturation point in this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic a long time ago. Probably in June […]
- These Earplugs Can Save You from Sound Sensitivity - Wired Ukon August 20, 2021 at 11:03 am
People on the autism spectrum, or those with ADHD, might find quiet sounds shockingly loud or have trouble processing sounds in different environments. It's ...
- Recovering the Wonder of Flight: “Little Prince” Author Antoine De Saint-Exupéry on Finding the Miraculous in the Mechanicalon August 19, 2021 at 10:49 pm
"In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away, when a body has been stripped down to its nakedness." I am sitting on an airplane, uneasy and grateful amid the sea of masks. I am sitting on an airplane — this silver […]
- Interpersonal Sensitivity Mediates the Effects of Childhood Maltreatme | Ndt - Dove Medical Presson August 19, 2021 at 12:33 pm
In addition, interpersonal sensitivity mediated the effects of childhood maltreatment on ... such as effects on sensory perception in emotional processes.