HSP World News Feed HSP World News Feed
- How the Great Zen Master and Peace Activist Thich Nhat Hanh Found Himself and Lost His Self in a Library Epiphanyon January 23, 2022 at 10:54 pm
"To live, we must die every instant. We must perish again and again in the storms that make life possible." "The self, the place where we live, is a place of illusion. Goodness is connected with the attempt to see the unself... to pierce the veil of selfish consciousness and join the world as it really is," Iris […]
- Warmth of My Hearton January 23, 2022 at 12:30 pm
January tends to be a difficult month in the temperate zones of the Northern hemisphere. The décor for the end-of-year festivities is gone. The Earth has withdrawn into itself, preparing for the Spring. The days are getting longer but the Sky is still far away. We look around and it's dark and cold and dismal. […]
- Sonic Hieroglyphics and Acoustic X-Ray Vision: the Fascinating Science of Dolphins, Whales, and Our Pale Blue Dot’s Most Alien Communication Languageon January 22, 2022 at 9:35 pm
How Victorian astronomy helped decode the secret language of the seas. "Words are events, they do things, change things... they feed energy back and forth and amplify it," Ursula K. Le Guin wrote in her uncommon ode to the magic of real communication. "They feed understanding or emotion back and forth and amplify […]
- Can You Be a Nurse If You’re an Introvert?on January 21, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Are you an introvert? An introvert is someone who, for the most part, prefers their own company to anyone else's. That doesn't mean they don't have any friends or aren't able to interact with the wider world, but it does mean that they are more comfortable by themselves. You might think that an introvert couldn't […]
- Dating as a HSP: 3 Ways Being a Highly Sensitive Person Can Affect Your Love Life - Styliston January 21, 2022 at 2:38 pm
According to Dr Aron's book, The Highly Sensitive Person in Love, at least 34% of love relationships involve an HSP. Her research also suggests that ...
- For Sensitive People, Self-Compassion Is the Most Radical Act of Allon January 21, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Nothing is more powerful than the act of turning your love inward, toward yourself. If asked to describe the quintessential traits of any highly sensitive person (HSP), undoubtedly, "compassion" would be at the forefront. Indeed, HSPs are known for our kind and empathetic dispositions. Being emotional […]
- Emotional Science for Addiction Recovery/rehabilitation - Coaching Book Launched ...on January 21, 2022 at 8:15 am
Dr. Elaine Aron states that around 20% of the population is highly sensitive. In other words, these individuals have more emotional responses to ...
- How to Find Your Voice: Nick Cave on Creativityon January 20, 2022 at 7:03 pm
"Your imagination... is mostly an accidental dance between collected memory and influence... a construction that awaits spiritual ignition." Two years before she fused her childhood impression of a mechanical loom with her devotedly honed gift for mathematics to compose the world's first computer program in a 65-page […]
- How to Be Confident with Women (Introvert Tips)on January 20, 2022 at 6:49 pm
Do you freeze up and feel awkward with women you like? Even though introverts are attractive and sexy as hell, you may not know how to be confident with women. People may tell you to just "be more confident", but they don't give you any meaningful steps to do so. You probably already know what [...] The post How to […]
- What Not to Say to an Introverton January 20, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Even if it's well-intentioned, comments like these come across as telling us that we're not doing enough to conform to an extrovert-centric world. The post What Not to Say to an Introvert appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- Why You Can’t Establish Genuine Connectionson January 19, 2022 at 5:57 pm
Forming genuine, long-lasting friendships can be rare as an adult. You may feel like you can't emotionally connect with anyone—let alone make deep, lasting friendships. Of course, it's not entirely your fault. We live in a society that makes it all too easy to disconnect and stay in our bubble. If you're an […]
- 7 Ways to Fend Off Loneliness as an Introverton January 19, 2022 at 2:00 pm
For introverts, loneliness is not a need for people — it is a need for connection. The post 7 Ways to Fend Off Loneliness as an Introvert appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- How to Deal with Interpersonal Conflict as a Highly Sensitive Personon January 19, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Although there isn't a way to eliminate interpersonal conflicts completely, there are ways for highly sensitive people to better manage them. The world around us is fraught with conflict. And as much as conflict can be challenging, it is a necessity of life and part of human nature — there is no […]
- Are You a Caterpillar or a Butterfly? – Planning Your Career from Hereon January 19, 2022 at 12:00 pm
When I listened to the latest episode of Mind Tools Expert Voices, I was reminded of a famous and influential book. It's a groundbreaking text that's been around for decades and read by millions, and one which – I believe – has a great deal to tell us about having a better career, and being happy and successful at […]
- The Antidote to Melancholy: Robert Burton’s Centuries-Old Salve for Depression, Epochs Ahead of Scienceon January 18, 2022 at 10:21 pm
"Whosoever... is overrun with solitariness, or carried away with pleasing melancholy and vain conceits... or crucified with worldly care, I can prescribe him no better remedy than... to compose himself to the learning of some art or science." Epochs before modern neuroscience came to locate the crucible of […]
- Study: Human Brain Selectively Tunes to Unfamiliar Voices During Sleep | Sci-News.comon January 18, 2022 at 7:39 pm
"We argue that such content-specific, dynamic reactivity to external sensory information enables the brain to enter a 'sentinel processing mode' in ...
- Managing High Sensitivity, Then and Now | Psychology Todayon January 18, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Elaine Aron's monograph, Psychotherapy and the Highly Sensitive Person, outlines how therapists can help support their HSP clients.
- 5 Things Every Introvert Should Prioritize When Looking for Their Dream Home - Yahooon January 18, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Who Are Introverts and Highly Sensitive People (HSPs)?Essentially, introversion is a personality trait that describes people who feel...
- A Little Bike Running in My Headon January 18, 2022 at 3:50 pm
I love sharing books written for highly sensitive children. And ‘A Little Bike Running in my Head‘ is a great example of a book that will have little HSCs nodding with recognition. This is a children's book unlike other books. It is a story but also an information book about being highly sensitive, but written in […]
- 9 Signs from Your Body That an Introvert Hangover Is Coming onon January 18, 2022 at 2:00 pm
You're feeling drained, like you've been through a washing machine, and you're grouchy. Where did this feeling come from? The post 9 Signs From Your Body That an Introvert Hangover Is Coming On appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- HSP Environmental Susceptibility: What It Is and How to Use It to Your Advantageon January 18, 2022 at 6:25 am
Your mind, and your ability to manage it, is the key to managing your HSP environmental susceptibility and making it a positive force in your life. My friend Kaitlyn in Vancouver took this stunning photo and generously allowed me to share it with you. Looking at it, I expand inside. My reaction is complex and rich: […]
- Sensory Processing Sensitivity Behavior Moderates the Association Between Environmental ...on January 18, 2022 at 5:58 am
Sensory processing sensitivity behavior moderates the association between environmental harshness, unpredictability, and child socioemotional ...
- Do Women Like Introverted Men?on January 18, 2022 at 4:15 am
Introverts or extroverts—who do women find more attractive? If you're an introverted man, you might feel like women are more drawn to gregarious types. You're left to wonder, do women like introverted men? When you imagine the "hot guy" that women flock to, extroverted characters from TV may come to mind: the […]
- The Magic of Joy Community by Sensitive Evolutionon January 17, 2022 at 10:16 pm
A Manifesting Community Dedicated Exclusively To Sensitive People And Empaths Begins Feb 1, 2022 A program by Sensitive Evolution - Self Actualization For Gentle Souls. Founder Maria Hill writes: We all want joy in our lives. Wise people will tell you that joy is your […]
- Mental Health: the 5 Signs of a People Pleaser and How to Overcome It for Your Wellbeing - Styliston January 17, 2022 at 4:04 pm
9 signs you might be a highly sensitive person (and what that actually means). Saying yes to everything was the first indicator on the list.