HSP World News Feed HSP World News Feed
- 5 Great Things About Being a Highly Sensitive Person!on April 6, 2021 at 6:36 pm
If you are a highly sensitive person, you may often feel as if you are the odd one out. Sometimes, you might even feel as if you don't quite belong. After all, not everyone experiences the world as intensely as you do. But even with this sense of being an outsider, there are few sensitive people who would give up […]
- How to Survive When You’re an Introvert with an ‘Extrovert’ Jobon April 6, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Unashamedly asking for what you need is crucial to succeeding as an introvert in an "extroverted" workplace. The post How to Survive When You're an Introvert With an 'Extrovert' Job appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- Your Resistance Is Not Your Enemyon April 6, 2021 at 6:25 am
If you are tempted to demonize yourself for being "in resistance" to something, remember this key fact: your resistance is not your enemy. On the contrary. Have you ever planned to do something, then not done it? Who hasn't? We make plans, then life happens. Most of the time, we shrug or squawk, protesting the […]
- HSPs, You Were Born to Be a Business Owner. Here’s Whyon April 5, 2021 at 1:00 pm
HSPs have an arsenal of traits that make them ideal to be their own boss, like the way they connect with people. "Stop overanalyzing and just do it!" "Why do you need to worry about every little detail?" "Don't take it so personally." I was no stranger to hearing statements like […]
- How to Manage Health Anxiety as a Highly Sensitive Introverton April 5, 2021 at 1:00 pm
For introverts who experience hypochondria, worrying about getting sick becomes the focal point of their life. The post How to Manage Health Anxiety as a Highly Sensitive Introvert appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- The HSP World Podcast Ep: 22: Highly Sensitives in the Helping Professionson April 5, 2021 at 6:00 am
This podcast is brought to you by The HSP World Mastery Program dedicated to inspiring and empowering HSPs. Thomas: Hi and welcome to the HSP World Podcast. With each episode, we invite a guest with the HSP Trait to have a conversation about a burning HSP-related question they have. We're not coaches or […]
- Growing Through Grief: Derek Jarman on Gardening as Creative Redemption, Consecration of Time, and Training Ground for Presenceon April 5, 2021 at 1:55 am
"The gardener digs in another time, without past or future, beginning or end... Here is the Amen beyond the prayer." "In forty years of medical practice," the great neurologist Oliver Sacks wrote, "I have found only two types of non-pharmaceutical 'therapy' to be vitally important for patients...: music and […]
- Indigenous Shaman Shares Warning About the Amazon and All Life on Earthon April 4, 2021 at 11:15 pm
The Yanomami Shaman Davi Kopenawa is a messenger for our time. "The forest is alive. It can only die if the whites continue destroying it. If they do, rivers will disappear under the earth, the soil will crumble, the trees will wither, and the stones will melt in the heat. A desiccated earth will become empty […]
- How I Survived Sexual Assault as a Highly Sensitive Personon April 2, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Being a highly sensitive person made the pain more painful, but the lessons much more potent. If you had asked me when I was 18 if I thought the world was a beautiful place, I would have frowned at you. The world was not beautiful, nobody listened to me, and I had a ginormous elephant on my chest that I […]
- Missing Home, from Highly Sensitive Nomadon April 2, 2021 at 11:49 am
I've been finding it hard being separated from my family this week. To be honest, I'm beginning to ask myself if I'll ever be able to see my loved ones again! I'm not trying to catastrophise, it just feels like the uncertainty surrounding COVID is spreading out forever. Most of you know that I haven'tContinue reading […]
- Naomi Shihab Nye’s Beloved Ode to Kindness, Animatedon April 2, 2021 at 1:10 am
"Before you know what kindness really is you must lose things, feel the future dissolve in a moment like salt in a weakened broth." "Nothing can make our life, or the lives of other people, more beautiful than perpetual kindness," Leo Tolstoy — a man of colossal compassion and colossal blind spots — wrote while […]
- Why Introverts Value Communication More Than People Thinkon April 1, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Introverts don't hate talking or interacting with people, but we have to do it in our own way. The post Why Introverts Value Communication More Than People Think appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- 10 Things I Never Realized I Do Because I’m an HSPon March 31, 2021 at 1:00 pm
From tearing up when I see a cute dog to overthinking (everything), now I know it's because of my high sensitivity. I only recently learned of the concept of a highly sensitive person (HSP). My whole life, I assumed my sensory quirks stemmed from my diagnosis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), which […]
- I Am Not Too Quiet. the World Is Too Loud.on March 31, 2021 at 1:00 pm
In an "extroverted" world that never stops making noise, being quiet is a gift, not a drawback. The post I Am Not Too Quiet. The World Is Too Loud. appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- 7 Ways to Adapt — and Embrace — Being a Highly Sensitive Personon March 30, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The sooner you embrace being a highly sensitive person, the sooner you can leverage your sensitivity to your advantage. I first found out I was a highly sensitive person (HSP) two years ago, when my stepdaughter asked me if I was an "HSP." I had never heard the term before, so she described what it was, […]
- 8 Introverted Tv Characters and Their Myers-Briggs Personality Typeson March 30, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Each introverted Myers-Briggs type will see themselves (at least on some level) in these popular TV characters. The post 8 Introverted TV Characters and Their Myers-Briggs Personality Types appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- Highly Sensitive Adolescents: the Relationship Between Weekly Life Events and Weekly ... - Pub Medon March 30, 2021 at 3:55 am
... rather than a vulnerability factor. Given this perspective, this study examined the role of the adolescent's sensory-processing sensitivity in the cont …
- 13 Signs You Could Have Chemical Sensitivity as an HSPon March 29, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Since HSPs are very affected by stimuli, like the scent of a freshly painted wall, chemical sensitivity can feel all the more intense. You just moved into a new apartment with freshly-cleaned carpets. While most tenants would be happy about the refreshed floors, you notice the chemical smell […]
- How Understanding My Introverted Nature Transformed My Careeron March 29, 2021 at 1:00 pm
It's about finding balance between your introverted nature and your passions in a way that doesn't drain you. The post How Understanding My Introverted Nature Transformed My Career appeared first on Introvert, Dear.
- Seeking an Aurora: a Wondrous Illustrated Celebration of Earth’s Most Otherworldly Spectacle of Coloron March 28, 2021 at 5:05 pm
Transcendence and tenderness in the lacuna of awe between the creaturely and the cosmic. In 1621, already questioning his life in the priesthood — the era's safest and most reputable career for the educated — the 29-year-old Pierre Gassendi, a mathematical prodigy since childhood, traveled to the Arctic circle as […]
- Highly Sensitives and Not Having Close Family Relationshipson March 28, 2021 at 6:00 am
In an ideal world, a child grows up in a loving family environment, nurtured, and grows a healthy sense of self-esteem. They are loved unconditionally just for being, and the parenting is "good enough." These children learn their feelings and needs are important, and it is normal to express them. The result is a […]
- Pirate on Board: Adopting a Senior Dog in Franceon March 27, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Hiya guys, hope you're all happy and healthy. (And if you are neither of these things, I hope you know that you are loved in all your cycles and phases.) I think most of you have realised by now that we adopted a dog a couple of weeks ago. Lots of you have been askingContinue reading "Pirate On Board: Adopting A […]
- Spot Narcissistic Traits + Relationshipson March 26, 2021 at 1:11 pm
It could be said that WE ALL exhibit some narcissistic traits occasionally. Therefore, it's very important not to berate yourself if you recognise a few of the narcissistic traits listed below. The post Spot Narcissistic Traits + Relationships appeared first on Amy Garner.
- 18 Things That Fill Highly Sensitive People with Joyon March 26, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Joy has many health benefits, like reducing stress, which can help when HSPs feel overstimulated. Joy is a feeling of pleasure that's fundamental to a fulfilling life. According to designer Ingrid Fetell Lee, joy is measurable and visceral, the "little moments that make us feel more alive." And those […]
- Secrets from the Center of the World: Poet Laureate Joy Harjo’s Lyrical Collaboration with Astronomer and Photographer Stephen Stromon March 25, 2021 at 4:39 pm
"Here you may enter galactic memory, disguised as a whirlpool of sand, and discover you are pure event mixed with water, occurring in time and space, as sheep, a few goats, graze, keep watch nearby." "Place and a mind may interpenetrate till the nature of both is altered," the trailblazing Scottish mountaineer and […]